WHAT TO EXPECT IN THE CLASS
Dancing with Parkinson's offers multiple classes for Parkinson's Disease dancers in Toronto and the greater Toronto area.
The classes are designed to work with every level and ability of Parkinson's Disease dancer.
Each class begins in a seated position to warm up the body. On the chairs we learn different pieces of choreography all designed to initiate movement and strengthen the muscles. For those who are able the choreography may appear as a standing dance piece later in the class.
Caregivers are welcome to attend the class if a dancer requires more personalised assistance. DWP would like to maximize the number of Parkinson's Disease dancers taking the class. It is NOT necessary to bring a dance partner with you. Our dance teachers are available to help and assist in any way they can.
- wear a light running shoe with a flat sole
- wear loose, comfortable clothing
- bring water with you and remember to stay hydrated throughout the class
- the class is one hour in length
- no previous dance experience is required